Updated 8th April 2020 AEST
COVID-19 has presented us with an unprecedented challenge. Australians are being asked to take measures that we’ve never had to before – things like cancelling travel, not going to concerts and general social distancing.
- We want to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, are regularly updating our internal policy and processes according to any daily mandates and recommendations from the government and the Department of Health.
- Following government guidelines, we are asking all people who have travelled in the last 14 days not to present to the clinic. We are helping to reschedule appointments, and we look forward to welcoming these patients back following the appropriate period of quarantine.
- We are asking patients to let us know if they are showing signs or symptoms of the Coronavirus. Should this be the case we are rescheduling appointments and requesting clearance by their GP or evidence of a returned a negative test.
- Due to Hand Sanitiser being in short supply, we are asking all of our patients to wash their hands upon entry. We are following best guidelines from the Department of Health for cleaning our clinic facilities, waiting areas and equipment.
- Where possible, our clinic is being re-arranged to ensure there is less close contact between patients, and as able we are moving our patients quickly through and away from the common areas. This includes implementing the current social distancing guidelines (1.5m apart, 1 person per 4m squared inside).
You may be wondering how this affects your physiotherapy treatment. We at Groove Health continue to offer quality care for our patients. There are many things we are doing as professionals to minimise risk of exposure through rigorous hygiene practices and patient screening to keep you and our staff safe. As of Monday 30th March 2020, we will be making the following changes to our practice:
- Face-to-face physiotherapy will be limited to necessary patients only; each patient will be screened by our physiotherapists, to determine if face-to-face treatment is necessary.
- All other physiotherapy will be via Telehealth on PhysiApp, which you can down load on your phone/tablet/computer, or use via the website https://us.physiapp.com/login
- All new patients and injuries will need to be assessed via Telehealth, if your physiotherapist believes you require hands on treatment, then an appointment will be made for you in clinic.
- Group Classes will now be 1:1 in clinic and limited to 30min.
- Groove Health will provide Telehealth 1:1 exercise to the comfort of your home via PhysiApp.
- Groove Health is providing virtual group exercise classes in your home via zoom. More info here.
- If you would like an exercise program to continue your rehabilitation, our exercise physiologists or physiotherapists can provide you with a tailored program to complete in the comfort of your home.
Other ways you can help us, help you.
Steps you can take:
- Wash your hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser, if you don’t have access, then wash hands with soap and water.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Call your GP first if you need medical attention. They will advise you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep.
- If you have flu like symptoms or you are presenting as unwell, please call our clinic where our reception team will assist you to reschedule your appointment.
- Practice social distancing (1.5m) and avoid touching, shaking hands, kissing, hugging, and other intimate contact with others.
- We ask that only the individual being treated, or if required the care giver, attend the clinic. We are attempting to minimise the number of people in the waiting room at any given time.
Some extra items to now bring along to your appointment:
- Please bring two (2) clean towels for your personal use during your appointment.
- Pen (if you would prefer not to use the pens at our reception desk).
- Water bottle
We appreciate that this is a challenging time for all. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we put processes in place to deliver a safe and effective service to all of our valued patients.
The Team at Groove Health