Professional Bike Fitting
A holistic bike fit is always balance between comfort and performance. Gender, age, flexibility, past training history, previous injuries, future goals or targeted events all play a role in determining exactly where this balance lies for you. Knowing how to get the best from a fit is therefore a mix of the science of biomechanics, together with understanding the individual riding characteristics. Equipment can be altered through adjustments, while the body can be adapted.
Why do I need a professional bike fit?
A traditional bike fitting will adapt every rider to their bike by ensuring the riders knee angle is approximately 140degs when at the bottom of the pedal stroke. Some may extend this further by recording all the major joint angles via extensive sensors and/or cameras.
What these fits fail to do unfortunately, is take into account the individual riders own biomechanics. This can be influenced by a host of variables such as musculoskeletal asymmetries, mobility, and past or current injuries.
To achieve a fit specific to the individual, a professional bike fit will involve a comprehensive assessment with the cyclist prior to getting on the bike. This enables us to understand your main issues or limitations, how they may be manifesting themselves while on the bike and what you hope to achieve with your riding.
You are then recorded riding in your current position, this allows us to assess what changes need to be made either to the bike position and/or what physiotherapy or exercise interventions will assist you in achieving reduced discomfort and ensure you get the best out of your riding.
Why get a bike fit at Groove Health?
It frustrating, when you see someone riding in an ill-fitting position or hear of someone who has given up on cycling due to ongoing pain or discomfort.
Through specific training and experience as both a cyclist and a physiotherapist Groove Health have the skills and knowledge to not just adjust the bike to fit the rider, but also fit the rider to the bike through specific training. Whatever the objective of each particular fit is, we can achieve it.
- A detailed assessment of your concerns, injuries and goals.
- A dynamic on-bike assessment with video analysis
- Adjustments of the bike as required
- Final report noting changes made and why, plus any further suggestions.
- A tailored and specific home exercise program to help you fit your bike better.
- A follow up visit to monitor and assess changes.
Who is it for?
- Competitive road cyclist or triathletes (road or time trial bikes) that are looking to improve performance.
- Anybody just getting into cycling, that has never had a bike set up before, ie.sportive/charity ride riders.
- Cyclists with specific pain or discomfort related to riding, or previous injury that is inhibiting your riding comfort.
- Cyclists with a current bike and looking to get fitted and advice prior to buying or ordering a new bike.
Who is it not for?
- Competitive mountain bikers
- Cyclists with highly specific injuries/conditions (eg. Significant leg length discrepancies, amputees)
Where and how long:
- Saturdays at Groove Health
- Allow 2 hours for your professional bike fit.
What to bring?
- Your Bike
- Cycling shorts/kit
- Cycling shoes
- Towel and water bottle (recommended)
Interested or need more information?
Please call our friendly reception staff on 07 3398 9556 to answer any questions an book a professional bike fit.
Click here to find out more.